Re: WHDH Anchor Desk Changes

At 10:39 PM -0400 8/9/98, Mark wrote:
>Yesterday's(8/8) Boston Herald reported that WHDH CH 7 has fired John
>Marler,who co- anchored their 5,6,and 11PM newscasts.Effective
>tomorrow,Randy Price will take over Marler's spot at 5,6 and 11PM.He had
>been the co-anchor on their morning(5-7AM) newscast.No word on the fate of
>Marler's wife,Cathy Marshall,who co-anchors the 5:30PM newscast.The Herald
>article mentioned that they were hired as a package deal when they came to
>WHDH from Atlanta a few years back.
>         Mark Watson

The article in Saturday's Globe also made public the fact that Cathy
Marshall also is no longer at the station, and that they do plan to hire a
new morning anchor.

Being an employee of Channel 7, I do know that there is a lot more behind
the scenes stuff going on, for obvious reasons I can't post it here.  I'm
sure it will come out in the papers over time, since I like being employed
you'll just have to wait for things to become public by other means.

Larry Weil
WHDH-TV Master Control Operator