Re: Win Damon

Ed Brouder replied to a query about Win Damon's air work:
"I know he also worked at WKXL Concord, perhaps before and after GIR
[1981-2]."

I don't know about before, but I will attest to the after.  As at 'GIR,
Win was a salesperson and backup announcer at WKXL when I started there
in April of 1984.  He had one regular airshift:  Sunday mornings, with
every third weekend off.  I got to fill that shift once every 3 weeks
and you can imagine the look on Win's face when we both showed up at the
station's front door one Sunday at 6 a.m. and he realized he could have
slept in.
For a few months, probably later in '84, Win also hosted the Afternoon
Report (4-6 p.m.).  Then he moved on to a sales spot with (I think) WTSL
Hanover.  When I saw him a month later he was doing sales for WEMJ
Laconia; he said that's where he had wanted to go but it just wouldn't
have been right for 'EMJ to "steal" him directly from 'KXL.
A couple years later he came into some money and the Newburyport AM was
available and there you go.  Can't get away from that good ol' 1450 kHz
(as Dan Strassberg observed back in June, "WNBP and WKXL are about as
closely spaced as any pair of co-channel Class C's that I know of.")