Re: WHTB/WSAR

>And speaking of Portuguese, the "O Jornal" newspaper in New Bedford,
>which was about to be shuttered by its parent paper, the
>Standard-Times, is instead being bought by Robert and James Karam, who
>own Fall River's WHTB (1400) and WSAR (1480).

Kudos to Bob and Jim Karam...when they first purchased AM 1400 back in 1989,
it was in ruins...they are the best of local business people and know how to
hire the proper people to run their stations.  Keeping local radio local,
and now print media...whoa...what a concept! (getting off my soapbox!)

Marc Lemay, Fmr News Reporter/Anchor
WHTB AM 1400 - "Your Hometown Radio"