Re: Sunday's LTAR

>On Sunday's LTAR, Donna speculated a area college station may drop it's
>student-programming in favor of being programmed by "professionals".
>
>I'm going to speculate it will be Harvard's WHRB (95.3) since they
>are sitting on a commercial allocation.

And I'm going to speculate that it isn't WHRB...

A lot of folks I know at WMBR know folks at WHRB.  If there were even the
faintest rumblings of this being a possibility, I'd have heard about it.

I also can't see any good reason for WHRB to do so, short of a complete
change of heart by the trustees of the station, which, keep in mind,
are NOT the trustees of Harvard University itself (where's Rob Landry
when we need him?).  It would also require WHRB to begin paying salaries,
something I don't think the station trustees there would just decide to
take on overnight.

As for who it might be... well, I can guarantee it isn't WMBR.  It couldn't
be WERS, since they're so tied in to the academic dept. there.  I would also
tend to doubt that it could be WZBC or WMFO (though stranger things have
happened).  That would leave only a couple of possibilities...

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu