Re: Three Tons of Fun...?

- ---"'A. Joseph Ross'" <lawyer@world.std.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Robert Jackson wrote:
>
> >  After watching the Buffalo Bob Smith memorial on A&E this
evening, I
> > wondered if my memory is correct in thinking that Buffalo Bob
featured
> > a few movies on his show during the 50s?
> A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> You are quite correct that the Howdy Doody Show regularly featured a
> segment of old-time silent movies, with Buffalo Bob narrating the
movie.
> The "Tons of Fun" was one of several sets of features they used.  In
fact,
> I think I have a Howdy Doody show on video which features them.
Buffalo
> Bob said their names were Vic, Clint, and Bullets.  Later, he began
> calling them "Buffalo Vic, Buffalo Clint, and Buffalo Bullets."  This
> apparently was conected with the fact that his older brother Vic
appeared
> on the show a couple of times as "Buffalo Vic."
>
> ...Peanut Gallery narrating the Old Time Movie, about > someone who
was falling
> asleep so much that Buffalo Bob called him "Rip Van Winkle."
> ...tugging his arm saying, "Buffalo Bob, hafta tinkle!"
> Well, the rest of the story is obvious
> And we didn't even need a mop,
> 'Cause our little friend had great aim
> And he never spilled a drop....

Yes, and Buffalo Bob did tell the story on the A&E special just as you
have related it.

> This was quoted from the book =Howdy and Me= by >Buffalo Bob Smith
and Donna McCrohan.

Yup...and Donna McCrohan was also featured a number of times during
the special commenting on the show and its impact on the lives of all
those kids. (I guess that includes a whole lot of us)

But, the 3 Tons of Fun were my favorite...much laughter
was evoked. And I think Dilly Dally was just great, too.

Bob Jackson
- -----
ROB_J2@yahoo.com