Re: why move Bruce???

Subject: Re: why move Bruce???

>In a message dated 98-07-28 14:15:42 EDT, Roger Kirk writes:
>
><< Would it be age discrimination if the job description included verbiage
> stating that the holder of the job must possess and maintain an appearance
>that   is considered attractive to whatever viewing audience that the
broadcast
> company wishes to target? >>
>
>Not in my opinion.  I think that is an unwritten requirement of any TV job.
>
>Dan Billings

In Miami, Ann Bishop was an anchor into her sixties.  Pretty?  No.
Ceredible?  Yes!  If you watch teh movie "Network", her face is among those
shown in the opening screen.  I used to watch her on channel 10 here.

And how about the late Dorothy Fuld(something) on WKYC-TV in Clebveland?  I
think she was on the air until she was around 70!

At 48, I'm not as handsome as I once was, either.  When you become older,
and should you be fired for what amounts to that unavoidable part of life,
you'll think differently.

Anyway, Bruce called me on the phone, and when i asked about his age (I grew
up watching him, so I know he's no spring chicken), he responded that he is
still quite upbeat on TV,  just as any other younger person.

Good Lord, we don't turn senile when we turn 50!

:) shel "48" swartz