No Subject

Returning to the vicinity of I-81, we stopped in Sandy Creek to see
the transmitter of WSCP (1070), which wasn't on the air.  The bumper
stickers we picked up at the WSCP studios in Pulaski still showed
"1070" along with "101.7," which was on the air, although we didn't go
up to that transmitter.

Our last stops of the trip were in Syracuse, where we had a very nice
visit with new PD J.J. Rice at WWHT (107.9) and an enjoyable tour of
the facility that's now home to Hot 107.9 and the four other Cox
stations, WSYR, WHEN, WYYY, and WBBS.  The final stop was near the
I-690/Thruway interchange, where the tower of Phoenix-licensed WRDS
(102.1) sits on a hill above the studios, which were empty - no big
surprise considering that the station has been on satellite every time
we've heard it.  We pulled out the TV here as well, and in addition to
the locals, we saw Rochester's 8 and 13, Utica's 20 (with a killer
signal), 33, and PBS translator on 59, and Watertown's 16 and 50.

*That's it for this week; we'll be back with much more next Thursday.

- -=Scott Fybush - NorthEast Radio Watch - (c) 1998=-