Re: new WODS PD

Shel Swartz said:

> I believe that people don't care much about the years. But as an oldies fan,
> I prefer music that's "up" and makes you feel good.  Certainly, not every
> oldie was good, and to me, the current lot of music is either for (I'm being
> nice) the hippie type, or the soft rock fan.  Top 40 was FUN music on the
> whole, and when I listen to an oldies station, to me, a Top 40/Roc oldie is
> roughkly from 1955 to 1985....and if they played something from 1987 on
> occasion, it wouldn't ruffle my feathers, unless the song were a downer.

In my opinion, anything up until 1995 (or even '96) could be classified
as oldies. Listen to kids talk nowadays when a record made in 1995, 96 or
even 97 is played on the radio: "That sh-- is OLD man!"

So how about 'ODS starting to play some Butthole Surfers records?
- -grin-

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak