Re: CENSORSHIP on WBZ RADIO

The difference is just what I said: One is music, one is talk. The programming
is different therefore there is an understanding of sorts. No DJ who was hired
to play classical music would ever play the Clash or they would be canned.
Lobel was hired to do sports talk. Butch was talking sports. Eh, what is the
problem? Is there anything in Lobel's radio contract that says that "Calls
from Butch from the Cape, going off on the relevance of the World Cup to non-
immigrant Americans, will be cut off the air?" I serious doubt it. The PD
didn't like what Butch said. Big deal. Does he like EVERYthing that is said or
played on WBZ beyond what Butch from the Cape said? I doubt it. I have never
heard of ANYTHING getting censored on WBZ before. Do all of us agree with
EVERYthing that David Brudnoy or Howie Carr say? No. Does the PD? Why hasn't
more offensive stuff on WBZ been censored? I find this a little strange in the
sense that from what I have heard, compared to past comments I have heard
Butch say, this was pretty mild. I guess it is just that Casey happening to be
listening to the station he is PD at. For example: I always hear this guy from
NJ, I believe his name is Jim, who goes on and on, on both Bruds and Raliegh,
about the Jewish media and business conspiracy. Now, they do tend to reign him
in a bit after awhile, but he calls almost every week and it is the same damn
nonsense! Why doesn't Casey call then to shut off Jim from NJ? I just find the
whole thing, as Jerry Williams would say, doesn't pass the smell test. BTW,
did anyone see Fitzgerald's column in the Herald this morning?

In a message dated 7/15/98 2:46:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, FM radio 1