Re: Music piped to gas pumps

>Is this legal / ethical?  I thought there was sort of ASCAP / BMI etc
>concern over playing an actual radio station like this.
>
>John

To my understanding, if they play licensed music in a place of business,
then they pay the licensing fees.  Period.  Regardless of from whence the
licensed matter cometh, radio, tape, bird, hummingbird.  (Well, maybe the
bird wins.)  One must assume that with a dish service, folded into the
obscene fees they pay includes the licensing fees.  That might explain the
wealth of Burt Bacharach? #1 in Pay at the Pump! <g>
Bill O'Neill