Re: Music piped to gas pumps

.

>While most stations that do this seem to play a muzak type of format, one
>station I frequenct in North Andover has been playing WZID 95.7 Manchester
>NH for the past year.
>
>Is this legal / ethical?  I thought there was sort of ASCAP / BMI etc
>concern over playing an actual radio station like this.
>
>John

I believe it has something to do with the amount of speakers, of all things.
Someone at a station once told me that technically, it's okay, unless two or
more speakers broadcast the music.  On a related note, Radio & Records says
SESAC is suing a station for broadcasting its music over the Internet....the
station simulcasts its on-air signal on the net.

Greedy little boys these unions can be......

:)shel