Re: Echo

At 01:06 AM 7/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Where was WMEX "Broadcast House"?  I always thought it was cool of them to
>call their studios by the British term "Broadcast House."

Well, in '56, the studios were at 70 Brookline Ave. Much later (late 70s, I
think) they moved to Broadway near the 57 Park Plaza Hotel. I never knew
that WMEX applied the term "Broadcast House" to the Brookline Ave location,
which I believe, was actually in the Fenway Park building. The Broadway
building was (is?) a free-standing structure that housed only the radio
station, so the Broadcast House name seems more appropriate for that location.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205