Re: Beverly radio, early 60s

On 10 Jul 98, at 21:46, Shel Swartz wrote:

> It was, I believe, in a very small
> house-like studio,

  This house-like studio is located off exit 24 of route 128 in Danvers in
back of the Sony movie theatre on Clinton Avenue! Today only one of
the two towers remain standing at the site. I believe it was January of
1991 that marked the death of this historical site. This was as a result
of some trespassers who accidently started a fire which ignited a couch
(from a ciggarette) in one of the old offices. From what I heard the
transmitter was destroyed by the water putting out the fire, as opposed
to the fire itself!

> I'm sorry that those good call letters (which
> probably stood for "mellow", are history.

  The call letters that replaced those were WBVD!!!
Which stood for Beverly/ Danvers.
Take Care,
Roy Lawrence

- --WebTV-Mail-2078556-1622--