Re: WRKO thoughts on the 4rth Wknd.

At 12:49 PM 7/7/98 -0500, BUMP MARTIN wrote:

>To me, the music sounded pretty good.  Made me wonder about all the
>hallabllou about the "quality" of music on AM and if it is more of a
>'mental thing'....than reality.

I never thought music on AM sounded all that bad either (well, on some
stations it did, but the same can be said for some FMs)...but AM got the
rep for being nothing but static and over time it all but killed AM music
radio.  Partly where the bad image came from was most hi-fi stereo
receivers had/have truly abominable AM sections with a frequency response
of almost 100-2500Hz, it was pretty obvious which band you were on.