Re: NESN's future in doubt....

<< <<On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:59:38 EDT, Dib9@aol.com said:

 > somebody writing here that it is not on many systems in Vermont.  If they
add
 > the Red Sox, the network will instantly be added to all cable systems in
New
 > England

 Why?  There are large parts of New England that don't give a rat's ass
 about the Red Sox.

 -GAWollman >>

What do you mean by large parts?  I would agree that western Conn. is Yankees
territory, but other than that the Red Sox are the major league team for all
of New England.  Most cable systems in New England carry NESN and I think it
is safe to assume that if NECN added the Sox, those same systems would then
pick up NECN.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine