Re: CBL's impending sign-off

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 Jibguy@aol.com wrote:

> In the interest of DX'ing hobby, the answer to Dan's quastion is a difinte
> "yes."  If CBL does some sort of "last day" tribute,  I'll sign off at 7 PM.
> --And come back at 12 mid.

Well, it was my question, but this is a perfect example of how fortunate
we are to have a broadcaster like Bob around and that Bob managed to get
WJIB before the Telecommunications Act came along.  But then, we already
knew that.

I doubt, though, that CBL will do anything that will last from 7 PM to
midnight.  The most they may do is something around sign-off.  But perhaps
we can inquire of them and see what, if anything, they are planning.  They
may even find it interesting that our local 740 station is willing to go
off the air so that we can hear them one last time.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/