unwanted phone solicitors

The most efficient way is an answering machine
that's always on.

But, the thing I did that drives 'em nuts is ask the
caller to hold on while I get the "man of the house",
my father,  on the line.

I come back on as a 70-year-old wheezing geezer,
ala Gary Burbank/WLW's Gilbert Knarley. I ask
incredibly stupid questions like, "...does that
photo set come in a purple tint.....or how about
with an aluminum frame?....can I get an extra
5x7 for my mother in the nuring home???She's
99 years old you know...sometimes she has a
hard time going potty....".

By then, they are sorry they ever called.

Tim D./Ohio