Re: The Bose radio

On 28 Jun 98 at 23:05, 'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:

> Interestingly enough, the MAD parody begins with:
>
>   HERE THE RADIO THAT WOKE UP
>              AN ENTIRE INDUSTRY
> [Fine print:]
> To the fact that there are idiots out there willing to spend
> hundreds of dollars just for a radio!

    I have heard the Bose Wave radio, it's got an excellant tuner
section with a real 75 ohm external hook up! It also features
rear RCA connections for a CD player. This radio sounds
incredable and is attractive, coming in white or smoky grey.
   The thought has often crossed my mind while driving into
work (my place of employment is right near their factory outlet
store in Kittery, Maine) whether or not their employees receive
a discount, as Bose prices are fixed. LOL! I'm not sure about an
entire industry being woke up, but I know my eyes open up pretty
wide when I see their prices! Especially the price of this radio!
    I'm surprised a competing load speaker company such as
Cambridge Soundworks, Boston Accoustics or ADS hasn't come
out with a similar unit! Stranger things have happened!

Take Care,

Roy Lawrence