Re: Is It 98.5 WITH or WITHOUT a decimal point?

At 04:43 PM 6/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Recently when listening to WBMX "Mix 98.5", announcers have
>occassionally referred to it as "Mix 98-5" ("Ninety-Eight-Five")
>instead of the traditional "Mix 98.5"("Ninety-Eight-Point-Five").

Does anyone else think that it might have something to do with the internet
web-page address problem of not being able to include decimal points in a
domain name? If a listener, new to the internet, typed in
"http://www.mix98.5.com", he or she would not get the WBMX web page. It does
seem like a rather foolish provision, but then again, remember the ratings
confusion between WCLB and WCVB? Need I say more? Or, has the moniker
changed to make the announcements more smooth? It's a lot easier to say "Mix
98-five" than add that "point" in there!

                                                        - Keith Barry
                                                        kbarry@geocities.com