Re: Sports Final/TalkAmerica

   Ah yes, "THE Sportsfinal" from East "Boschun", Massachusetts. "This
is Tom Starr, Speaking !".  No s**t Sherlock.  I heard so many
stations clip off that "Tom Starr Speaking" signature at the end of
each show. (Heeeeeee, heeeeeee, heeeeeeee :))  I have heard sooooo
many "in-the-trench" stories about that show and the facilites that
we're used (a Shure M-67 mixer, for one, as the main board !).  Yes,
they got their satellite time, right to the fig-nut...a few seconds
before the show was to begin.  The station got a call from the "man in
charge" on the night the Allies bombed Iraq (1991).  He wondered WHY
we were not taking his feed that night. We were running that famous
CNN feed from Baghdad with John Holliman and Bernard Shaw live from
that legendary hotel.  HE said that his "net" was using the USA Radio
Network for news for updates during "THE Sportsfinal".  I think we
made the RIGHT choice, THAT NIGHT ....we stayed with CNN !!!!:) !!!

- -Peter Q. George
 WBET/WCAV-FM Alum (1982-1991)
 Brockton, Massachusetts