TV Weather Spins

I'd like to know if the TV weather boys and girls in my old ADI (Boston) are
doing as they are here in Florida.

A few months ago, WPEC, channel 12, updated its "Doppler 12" to "Doppler
12,000".  At about the same time, the station decided to call its extended
weather predictions "Futurecasts".

Other stations are following suit, as they try to outdo one each other in
the name-game department.  Or perhaps truly-respected meteorologist Bruce
Schwoegler, who eavesdrops here on occasion, has an explanation. Maybe there
was a new development in Doppler technology?

Anyway, now that Florida is in the hurricane season, it's time to judge
which TV station meteorologist can out-scare listeners the most.

What's truly scare is that because so many of us are addicted to music radio
stations, what if a storm really gets near us, and  the jocks don't dare
break in on a music sweep?

:) all in fun, and then some.... shel swartz

CC:  My friend Art Horn, currently at WVIT-TV30, Hartford