Re: WNFT (was Re Norhteast Radio Watch)

At 09:55 PM 6/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> The only all-news station that I can think of as failing in this market was
>> WGTR
>
>Didn't 1060 in Natick try all news for a while in the 80s?
>
>Paul

Absolutely--"the NEWS--G-1060." In 1981, right after they went on the air at
night. Curiously, right before the switch to all news, the news director,
Jim MacAllaster, who had done such a great job when 'GTR was a 1-kW
daytimer, quit. I heard later that he had joined his father in the family's
landscaping business!

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205