Re-tooling of 'NEW

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 FMradio1@aol.com wrote:

> Some major changes are in the works there.  From what I've been able to
> gather, station vet Pat St. John has been let go, and they will probably pull

WNEW made it official yesterday : Queens-born Opie and Anthony are the new
afternoon kids.

Pat St.John is not expected to return from his 'vacation'. Also, I
hear Muni is all done there as well.

In a big picture, both 'AXQ and 'NEW got ways to go before they can make
any kind of a dent in Rocky Allen's afternoon numbers on 'PLJ....

A friend joked yesterday -- to be let go from a station in Boston means an
automatic high-profile on-air job in NYC(Parenteau, O+A).

- -M