Re: Bruins

<< Hi All:

 WBZ called me at WJTO (Bath ME) today (Monday) asking if WJTO would like to
be
 a Bruins affiliate;  saying that if we couldn't do ALL games it was OK;  also
 saying if there were conflicts... it's OK.

 Me being a sports ignoramus, what's up here?   Are Bruins hard to place?

 I was out for a walk when call came in.

 ---jibguy  (on a rare Monday in Maine) >>

The Bruins have traditionally had a weak radio network in Maine.  I think
there are two principle reasons for that:

1.  Hockey is much less popular than football, basketball & baseball.  (Please
no flames from hocket fans.)
2.  The minor league Portland Pirates (and before that the Maine Mariners)
have always had a strong radio network in Maine, which cuts down on the number
of possible affiliates.  I think stations take the Pirates over the Bruins
because of the local ties.

In southern Maine, I think 1440 WJAE Westbrook/Portland was the only Bruins
station this year and they preempted them if the Celtics were playing.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine