Re: Boston's Newsradio Void

I really respect Attn. Ross' postings but I think that comparing the early
days of baseball to the current state of radio is like apples and oranges. In
order to have competition, you have to have the ability to create a new
company. There are a limited amount of spectrum band. Radio is not like
magazines, where if you don't like Newspeak, you create Time, US News, etc.
You can't just start a radio station (or you'll have armed troops at your door
like that guy in Tampa!) The only way I can see anything changing is to re-
regulate the ownership of stations or section off an area of the spectrum for
non-profit, non-education, non-religion, radio lovers to broadcast small
community station. Noting from Kennan's remarks, maybe something like this can
happen. Either way, since there is limited spectrum, it must be regulated.

In a message dated 6/15/98 1:44:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,