Re: Bruins

In a message dated 98-06-16 01:13:49 EDT, Jibguy@aol.com writes:

WBZ called me at WJTO (Bath ME) today (Monday) asking if WJTO would like to be
a Bruins affiliate;  saying that if we couldn't do ALL games it was OK;  also
saying if there were conflicts... it's OK.

Me being a sports ignoramus, what's up here?   Are Bruins hard to place?>>

In my experience, hockey has been difficult "place" because there are many
other sports options during that time of year.  First off, I'm sure that the
B's have to compete with the rejuvinated Celtics for affiliates, and I'd be
willing to bet that WEEI is requiring full clearance of their schedule.  In
addition, many small AM's run high school or college hoops or hockey to bring
in local revenue.  Many stations "cherry-pick" from two or three different
sports to fill evening and weekend airtime, and under this scenario, hockey
usually does not get preference, which is why WBZ might be willing to let
stations run the games when they can.  I guess some is better than none.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks