Re: Urban Radio in Boston

At 06:58 PM 6/15/98 -0400, Eric Jacobs wrote:
>If I understand correctly,Stevie Wonder (the singer) has an Urban AC in
>Los Angeles. Anyone have revenue data or listenership?Has anyone heard
>it?
Bill Piacentini responds:
Stevland Morris aka. Stevie Wonder, who always wanted to be a DJ, bought
KJLH 102.3 FM in 1979. He kept the original calls (the initials of John
Lemar Hill, the station's founder) because they stand for Kindness, Joy,
Love, and Happiness. The 3kW Adult Urban station is one of only two
black-owned radio stations in LA. It is usually the only source for news
that the community trusts. It was instrumental for keeping the neighborhood
calm during various past crises. Its winter Arbitron was 1.2