Re: Not-A-Dr. Laura

Agreed. I was raised Catholic, and while I have strong philosophical differences with
the Church that keep it and I apart these days, I always thought the concept of the
confessional was ritualistically fine, theologically sound, and philosophically wise.

I never thought I'd think of Dr. Laura as akin to modern church preferences, but hey. :)

Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:57:50 -0400, Douglas Broda <dougbroda@mindspring.com> said:
>
> > I wonder sometimes if there's a market for a traditional counseling
> > situation, only with name not disclosed and a screen between patient
> > and counselor. Ideal, no. Better than any call-in show, yup.
>
> Of course, church attendance at the ``high church'' denominations
> which practice private confessional has been steadily declining...
> Those groups which practice public -- but effectively anonymous --
> confession are growing rapidly.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett