No Subject

(boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu)

Subject: Re: Conalrad

>I understand that in New Hampshire this past Wednesday, the EAS was
test
>was not run because the the who was responsible for intitiating the
test
>had dozed off. Does anyone have info on this.
>
>John

This reminds me of a question I've always wanted to ask.   It seems that
the highest-rated stations, on the whole, are music stations.  These
same stations tend to run news content only during AM Drive, and if they
could get away with it,  there would be nothing but music.  So I ask
this group:

In the even of a natonal emergency, how much credibility would music
stations have?  And do you think that even if they had news of an
emergency-type to report, would the stations' listeners switch to a news
- -talker, as a matter of credibility?

[Bob Paine - I wonder if radio stations failed to respond to the "big
one", would a national emergency be re-scheduled to a later date and a
more convenient time? <humongeous chuckle>]

:) shel

- -------- REPLY, End of original message --------