Re: Howie Carr

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 ASchinella@aol.com wrote:

> And as much as Howie Carr loved to rail about the "Dukakoid" hacks on the
> payroll (and noting that Williams MADE Carr's career by allowing him to be on
> every Tuesday, with almost no thanks returned by Carr, the ungrateful BASS-
> TURD!), those same hacks stayed on with Weldo/Celluch and then, they even
> hired more of their own!

To Howie Carr, anyone working in state government, no matter how
professional, no matter how essential, was a "hack."

> But you have to admire this: On one long conversation Jerry and I had on his
> show sometime after Bill Clinton had been in office a year or so, I said to
> him; "Now, c'mon Jerry, admit that Dukakis would have been a better President
> than this guy." And he said "You're right, Dukakis would have been better
> President."

Well, I disagree with him again!  Much as I like Dukakis, he was
completely out of his element in national politics.  No way could he be as
good a President as Clinton.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/