No Subject

Subject: WBOS

Now with George Taylor Morris as the new PD at WBOS, I'm wondering if we
 might see the following:

(1) CBS decides to keep WNFT-1150, sells off 850 (but not the WEEI calls
 or format), and flips both 1150 and 100.7 FM to all-sports as WEEI-AM/FM.

(2) With 100.7 flipped FROM classic AOR, WBOS is flipped TO classic AOR,m
 perhaps with Morris as a key personality.

I'm beginning to think someone at Greater Media believes scenario (1) of
 this post may occur, and that Morris may be the first step towards a
 change to classic AOR at 92.9.

Regardless of whether scenario (1) of this post does come off, I think
 the "AAA" format at WBOS is finished. By September, you'll see something
 different. Given Mr. Morris' experiences in radio, I would think it'd
 have to be either a change to classic AOR or maybe to mainstream AOR,
 since WBOS' signal is far better in most of greater Boston than WAAF's
 is. But on the other hand, perhaps Mr. Morris will surprise us and
 bring us something wonderfully new and unexpected. We can dream, can't we?

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>