Re: Boston Radio Watch 05-22-1998

- -----Original Message-----
From: Doug Bassett <dbassett@sover.net>
To: Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: steve5@tiac.net <steve5@tiac.net>; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Date: Friday, May 29, 1998 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: Boston Radio Watch 05-22-1998

>Dan Strassberg wrote:
>
>> At 09:09 PM 5/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> >
>> >but for GOD SAKES - get RID of that obnoxious Howie
>> >Carr!!
>> >
>> Amen!
>>

>Howie Carr made it to the short list at the station I work for (WKVT
>1490) as a replacement for Mary Matalin afternoons. He was off the list
>entirely when it was found out that cash money was required to run his
>show (as opposed to barter). If it weren't for that one reason, Howie
>probably have had his fourth (?) affiliate... and the first outside of
>Mass....

Actually there are 2 non-Mass outlets..

The Howie Net (to my knowledge) is...

WRKO/680AM-Boston (Flagship)
WPRO/630AM-Providence RI
WXTK/95.1FM-West Yarmouth MA
WNNZ/640AM-Westfield MA
WTSN/1270AM-Dover NH

I actually enjoy Howie Carr more often than not...

I think most people that have a "strong" dislike of Howie tend to be
left-of-center, politically, just my opinion.

- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH