Re: Recourse / WKBR

- -----Original Message-----
From: John Bolduc <John_Bolduc@Pictel.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 1998 1:28 PM
Subject: Recourse / WKBR

>Since I  was in  the Bow NH area, listening to the Pride's flagship
>station, WSMN 1590 AM Nashua, was out of the question / out of range. The
>following day I tuned in WKBR to hear the Nashua Pride game. After an hour
>or so of dead air (I of course was channel surfing every five minutes back
>to check WKBR), I found the flagship feed from (WCFL?? ) Chicago White Sox
>Baseball game. No, not an ESPN radio game, the local feed with all the
>local/regional add for Chicago Chevy Dealers etc...After two innings dead
>air again.

Just an FYI: WMVP is the calls at 1000AM in Chi-town....

Since 1-on-1 comes out of Chi-town (don't know what station carries it
there), is there a possibility that the mix-up (as far as the ChiSox vs 1on1
broadcast) was at the Chicago end?

Anyone aware of WNRB/1510 having the same mix-up? (of course, the go local
7-9PM and that may have been the time of the mix-up?)

Just some food for thought, not making any excuses for 'KBR's lame
performance. Goodness knows they screwed up the Boston Celtics feed bad
enough! (though it is better than the "Love1250" or dead air "formats" of
the past few years!)

- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH