Re: Channel 5 News

On Thu, 21 May 1998, 'Chris Beckwith' wrote:
>Would this announcement have anything to do with the
>imminent departure of its chief rival's news director?
>Naah...

I'd suspect it might have something to do with the fact
that Wednesday was the last night in sweeps...and their
lead-in consisted of ABC's [sub]standard roster of
sitcoms pitted against NBC's rerun of the Seinfeld
Finale along with the new Law & Order Finale, and CBS's
"Cher Remembers Sonny" and 50-year retrospective.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

- - Henry Dane