Re: who's an ignoramus?

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Donna Halper wrote:

> Auntie Donna, your very civil broadcast historian reminds you that in 1901,
> ragtime was called low-class and vulgar.  In 1921, jazz was accused of
> leading to delinquency and causing pregnancy.

Wow!  I never realized that as late as 1921, people didn't know what
causes pregnancy!  I'll have to go back and review my science history. <g>

> Let's keep it
> all in perspective-- there has always been crap, songs that should never
> have been hits.

"Well, Everybody's heard, About the Bird, The Bird, Bird, Bird is the Word
..."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/