Re: Ad sales firm berates ethnic radio (http://my.excite.com/news/u/980512/10/enter

It's labeled as apocryphal in one book about the Post-- Steven Cuozzo's "It's
Alive," pp. 71-72 (Times Books, 1996) -- and considering Cuozzo's very pro-Post,
anti-News views and the fact that he was still at the Post when he wrote the
book, I think it's safe to say it *is* apocryphal. Bloomie's didn't advertise in
the Post, though, that much is true, as is the fact that the Post's demographics
actually were better than those of the News vis-a-vis average reader income..

David Moisan wrote:

> At 01:48 PM 5/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >It seems that racism is rampant in big business.  This link will explain how
> >one advertising sales firm thinks.
> >
> Reminds me of the story (apocryphal?) of how the New York Post was trying
> to get Bloomingdale's to place ads;  they told the Post:  "Your readers are
> our shoplifters."
>
> So I'm not terrifically surprised that this attitude might persist,
> unfortunately.
>
> Dave

- --
Douglas J. Broda