Re: CBS News

Did anyone else take offense to last Monday's
>television special entitled "We Were There: CBS News at 50

It was a sham, for all the reasons you mentioned.  Seems as if someone
slapped together a bunch of old clips, and got the job done quickly -
without regard for the history of CBS News itself.  And to think I was
excited all week long, waiting it for it to air!

About 1976, NBC-TV ran its own retrospective, and it's what CBS-TV should
have done. I beloieve it was "NBC At Fifty".

I have a set of tapes of CBS radio at fifty, narrated by Mr. Cronkite... it
was aired on many CBS radio stations around 1977.  The tapes came from CBS
radio, by the way.  And they were works of art!

Shel Swartz

WRKO/The Big 68 Remembered!
508 Glenwood Drive
W. Palm Beach FL 33415-2866