Re: Memory of Carl...

Friends,

My dad told us many years ago that he and my mother were at a party
at someone's home in either Waltham or Winchester - and Carl was there,
and he was just great fun.

The urban-legend at Emerson's School of Broadcasting (Evening Div)
when I was there in the late 60s, was that Carl kept some sort of
"perpetual stew" on the back burner of his stove at home  -  that it was
added to from time to time with herbs and spices, and always left on
"simmer"
for weeks and weeks at a time. The accuracy of this account may be a bit
dubious - yet alludes to the fact of his remarkable and unique
personality that
we all have missed after his active days at WBZ.

Bob Jackson
<High.Seas@breezy.com>