Re: WNNW on late (Was Re: WMVU AM 900 Nashua NHon late)

>>Dan Strassberg wrote:
>>Last night I heard what I presume to be WNNW on
>>with what I imagine to be 5 kW-ND until 9:00 PM. At 9:00 they
unceremoniously dumped the program with no legal (not even one in SS, as far
I could tell) and killed the carrier a few minutes later.

Maybe this can be corrected by sending Costa & Co. an aircheck and reception
report of thier operation from Salem, NH. Sometimes that works (mark it
"cc:FCC").

It reminds me of a recent reception report I made to WTCL/1580
Chattahoochie, FL 10kw NDA/D whom I caught broadcasting  early on a few
occasions and at night doing high school football on another. I phoned them
early and gave them a cheerful reception report (of both occasions). The
virtual silence from the other end seemed to infer uh-oh we were caught. I
followed up with detailed programming descriptions via snail mail. Well,
needless to say, I wasn't surprised that I didn't get a QSL from these
people. It would've been a hoot if I did...  Anyhow, cutting to the
punchline, I haven't heard them operating before sunrise or after sunset
since.  Seeing Marty Waters could tame a wild Canadian Powerhouse (on 1110),
made me wonder if I could to play AM policeman too. (ha ha)