Re: Adventure Car Hop

- -----Original Message-----
From: 'A. Joseph Ross' <lawyer@world.std.com>
To: Paul Hopfgarten <Hopfgapr@sprynet.com>
Cc: The Boston Radio Archives <boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Monday, May 04, 1998 12:56 AM
Subject: Re: Adventure Car Hop

>On Sun, 3 May 1998, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>
>> In the 1950's and early 60's, Rte 99 WAS Rte 1 through
>> Saugus/Malden/Everett, and the Current Rte 1 was called Rte C-1. Hope
this
>> doesn't further confuse people...
>
>If so, then all the sites we've talked about on Route 1 would be wrong!

Just to clarify....

Rte 99 (from Rte 16 in Everett to the junction of Rte 1 at the "dinasaur
mini golf" in
Saugus) is the "old" Rte 1. Now, north of that point has been Rte 1 since at
least before the 50's.

Now, was the Adventure Car Hop North of the "dinasaur", or South of it???

If south, then it was likely on the present Rte 99.

Unfortunately, I'm just little too young to remember A.C.H. myself.

- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH