Re: Adventure Car Hop

At 01:59 AM 5/3/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'll see if the NY State Library has an appropriate period city directory that
>covers Saugus on Tuesday. They have many of those, and a city directory would
>be perfect because it lists businesses in order.... and may have an actual
>address, yet. :)

Of course, there would be a certain romantic and mysterious quality to
having a historic marker that said, "This site _is believed to have been_
the site of the Adventure Car Hop Restaurant, which was immortalized in
commercial announcements by disk jockey Arnie Ginsburg on Radio Station
WMEX..." Imagine, we have historic markers that mark the precise sites of
battles fought during the American Revolution over 220 years ago, but we
can't locate the precise site of a restaurant that probably still existed 35
years ago!

Maybe this suggests that our society has not gone completely to hell after all.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205