Re: Easy listening

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, 'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:
> accounting.  For example, a couple of years ago, Bob Bittler said, in a
> Globe article, that WJIB had only made a profit of $3 (or something like
> that) for the previous year.  Now, I've always wondered whether Bob
> receives a salary as an employee of Bob Bittner Broadcasting, Inc.  If so,
> that "profit," which might be considered barely breaking even, masked the
> fact that Bob may have been making a reasonable living from the station.

There is no shame in operating a successful and profitable business.  740
and 730 have great day signals, Bob runs excellent programming with a lean
staff, and he sells airtime while not having to worry about keeping
stockholders happy.  While running his self-supporting dream hobby, I hope
WJIB and WJTO have turned out to be profitable enterprises as well.

/_______ {             Alexander R Svirsky   N1PRW            ____\____
        \,}_)          ____atlas@world.std.com____              __|\___