Re: let's be civil...

In a message dated 98-04-23 10:35:10 EDT, steveord@xtdl.com writes:

<< I wonder how many people would put up with that today.  People's attention
 spans are not long enough to sit thru the clutter....a 10-12 min newscast,
 a ball game on a "music" station...try to do that today and just see how
 fast your audience starts dial surfing... >>

I agree with most of this, except with the notion of ballgames on music
stations.  WBCN seems to be doing well with the Patriots, and down in
Philadelphia, WYSP--an active rock station, makes a killing ratings and
revenuewise with the Eagles games.

Mike Thomas, WERZ & Premiere Radio Networks