Re: WSRO

In a message dated 98-04-22 09:33:21 EDT, FMradio1@aol.com writes:

<< Has anyone really looked around the Marlborough area recently?  There is a
 sizable Asian, Portugese and Hispanic population.  Since most of the white
 listeners are listening to Boston or Worcester radio, how about "live and
 local" radio....just not in English?  The Hispanic population is rapidly
 growing in the Eastern Massachusetts area (Go to Fenway on a night Pedro
 Martinez is pitching and see for yourself.) IMHO, Ethnic radio is not a
"waste
 of bandwidth" as some members of this list seem to suggest.  It's filling a
 hole that the major stations aren't, and obviously there is some money to be
 made in ethnic radio programming. >>

I totally agree. I don't know if there is room for two Spanish station, but
non-speaking ethnic groups have no problem listening to AM.
Any entrepeneurs out there??? If I lived in that area, I would  approach the
local ethnic newspapers. They have the sales staff and newsgathering staff
already assembled, they could "expand" their operation to include radio.
Approach them and offer to train their staff as a consultant.

Mike