FCC rules on the WWW

        Dan Strassberg asked me how to find the FCC rules on the web and I
thought others in the group also might be interested. At least on my
machine, this method does not provide the charts and graphs and seems to
have garble where some of the technical formulas ought to be, but it has
the text:

        Try this:
<http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfr-table-search.html#page1>
        That's the National Archives site with all the titles in the U.S.
code. You then want to select Title 47 for your search. Then, at the next
screen (I think), where it asks for words to search by, you can type almost
anything you know will appear in the radio rules if you just want a copy of
the entire subpart or part. I typed PSSA. It generated a list of parts,
subparts and sections that I then could open to see the entire text. One
was the entire subpart A of Part 73 -- the whole text of rules for AM
broadcast stations. Another was the entire Part 73, all the broadcast
rules. I downloaded subpart A, which became a 281k file in my MS word. What
you get here is updated to last October.