Re: new Boston Arbitrons?

> >Ummmm....  I don't think so.  Looking at an Arbitron now.  Page 2 has
> >the map of the market.  The "Metro" area is designated in white.
NONE
> >of NH is white....
>
> Perhaps not for Arbitron (Sorry), but it is for things like "Federal
> Funding" and census purposes, I believe it is.

For all practical purposes Salem, Windham and maybe even Derry are more
connected to the Boston market, than the Manchester market.

I'll bet there are more people getting the Globe than the Union-Leader.

Watching Boston TV news instead of Channel 9's newscast.

As a matter of fact in Salem, some of the Manchester stations ( on AM)
have a hard time coming in....Whereas most of the Boston AM's boom in.

I always thought this was strange that Salem wasn't considered part of
the Boston metro....

BM