Re: right-wing talk

At 02:30 AM 4/7/98 EDT, ASchinella wrote:

>But Harder challenges his listeners to go and look up things he talks about
>for themselves and I have and I have found that Harder is not only right
about
>things but often ahead of his time. He was talking about the dangers of radio
>consolidation before anyone. A year before NAFTA, he had the documents
printed
>up and sold them at cost and to his credit, helped to stop the pact which has
>cost our nation over a million manufacturing jobs.
>
>As for the transponders ("computer chips being implanted by the government to
>spy
>on citizens"), have you ever heard of Pet Secure or Lo-Jack? Pet Secure is a
>company that injects small transponders into dogs and cats so that when they
>run away, you call ADT-type outlet, they punch in the code and immediately
>find your pet on an electronic map. Lo-Jack works on the same phenom; a
>transponder is put into your car and when it is stolen, the cops punch in the
>code and on a map, shazam, there is your car!

I'll agree with these comments, too. While I am certainly conservative by
Cambridge standards, here in N.H. I'd probably be thought of as being on
the liberal side.  Definitely not the radical right.  I, too have noticed
that many conservative talk hosts, while sometimes having guests or
opinions that are pretty far out there, DO sound sound like intelligent
people with well thought-out opinions, not just knee-jerk anti-everything.
Indeed, the liberal hosts tend to be the ones that are either babbling
idiots like Leykis or the California touchy-feely wishy-washy types like
Jerry Brown.

Like it or not, there are those in high places who would just love to keep
tabs on us all, a la 1984, for our own protection, of course.