Re: Fwd: Re: Amateur hour at WHYN

ROBERT W PAINE wrote:

> Doug,
>
>  There is one obvious problem with the rules you posted: they're TOO
> simple. Many people today do not want things they can understand. If it
> isn't complicated, it can't work. The more people cannot understand
> something, the better they like it.

These were meant as "basic rules" which could be applied at any station. If
you want long and complicated, you should see the very detailed list I put
together for running Red Sox games, from beginning (arrive at least 15
minutes prior to game time) to end (lock the door on your way out), at the
station I work for, WKVT-AM. It's really simple, but two pages of single
spaced small font type certainly looks complicated. (I guess I could enlarge
the font and double space it, but I always try to save trees whenever
possible.) Radio, as with any other part of life, can be as simple or
complex as you wish to make it. I tend to keep things on the simple side, as
it seems that basic comprehension of written material has become an elective
in many public schools in recent years. That's a rant for another time,
though....

Doug
CNER Board operator
WKVT-AM 1490