More Fools OnThe Hill

Some observations from your NH correspondent:

We all know it was April Fool's Day, but some surprising things
tuning around the AM band last night.  Sports were everywhere.
WBZ had a Bruins game, but I guess that's normal.  WRKO had a Celtic's
game!  That's definately not normal.  They haven't had the Celtics for
years.  Even WQEW (NYC - normally "American Popular Standards") was
carrying a hockey game.

A few good(?) April Fools pranks earlier in the day to go
along with WEGQ's Fool On The Hill.  On WZID, the Charlie O'Brian's
seat was occupied by his wife Rhonda (whom we had heard of but never
actually heard).  She sounded pretty good, not quite like a radio
professional, but pleasant enough to make it entertaining.

On WBLM, the Captain & Mark were supposedly doing their show on
location - and naked, also on TV Ch. 35.  OhhhKaaay.

On WOKQ, one half of the morning team, Mike Martelle had swapped jobs
with the Dover Chief of Police for the morning.  Mike was doing his
bit "from the chief's office", rifling through his desk, etc., and
preparing to go on patrol to make sure all of the Dunkin Donuts shops
were safe.

On WCDQ, they were telling us that "The Big Guy" had lost the station
in a poker game the night before to one of the big companies and
unless they did something fast, tomorrow the station was going to
become "Hot 92."  They were devising a plan of action to win the
station back.  They must have succeeded.  They were still playing
their real rock n' roll ("Classic without the ick") this morning.

Roger Kirk
rkirk@videoserver.com