Re: r&b oldies

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> The lady who owns WILD (I forget her name) either does not have or will not
> spend the money to buy a better facility. She had many, many chances to buy
> a bunch of different signals--including 1150--back when AM stations were
> going for a pittance (at least compared with current prices). Each time a
> deal seemed imminent, she came up with some new bogus reason why the buy
> would be a bad deal. It became clear that she either couldn't get the money,
> didn't want to spend the money, couldn't make up her mind, or just enjoyed
> making owners and station brokers jump through hoops. On the other hand,
> I've heard nothing that suggests she's interested in selling WILD either.
> So, as long as she owns the station, don't count on WILD getting better
> facilities on AM or FM.

Maybe that was what happened to that deal with WUMB that was strongly
rumored and then suddenly disappeared.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/